The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Art Show

I got to photograph Dad's paintings Saturday.These are all recent, things he's been working on in the last few weeks. He lined them all up on the porch and I shot each one. These are just a few.
If you walk out to his mailbox and look to your right, this is what you see.

He started this one by painting the negative space.

Connie (his artist girlfriend of 20+ years) says he is fearless with color. It's an asset.

He's painted this scene of his pine trees many times. I don't even know how many incarnations of this scene there are. He lives on 32 divine acres in Marshville where he planted acres of pines when I was little. Now they provide inspiration for his painting and a haven for his nature loving soul every day.

All the trees are in orderly rows which makes for beautiful repetition in the landscape.


This is one of my favorites. This is very similar to the style he painted in during the 70s. I have a piece from that era and I never get tired of looking at it. I am so spoiled and lucky to have grown up surrounded by my Dad's art.

Our "fancy" living room in the house where I grew up was all decked out in Dad's paintings, Mom had them arranged in the most pleasing composition on the wall. I took it for granted the the first thing you saw upon entering the front door was really good art.

All those paintings, those images are burned into my mind like the faces of my family.

Can you get over this? The subtle fog in the background, the lines of the roof...

Well it's official, I'm a spoiled art snob!
My sister & I were talking about our family the other day and how any time one of us doubts ourself we just remember who we came from. "I am Dennis Pearson's daughter". "I am Sandra Pearson's daughter". That's all I need to know to understand why I am worthy of love and respect. I come from generations of exceptional skill and ability, therefore I am capable of great things.
That is a lot to live up to. I better get to it.

No comments: