The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bad Dream

I had a long, drawn out, bad dream this week. The dream was, my house had been bull dozed and cleared while I was not home. In this dream world the neighborhood was different and I was across the street at a friend's party, I came home and my house was gone; only an messy empty lot remained!
Well, there was a pile of chewed up & spit out building materials left. But that was all.

The feeling the dream left was one of loss, shock, anxiety, surprise, fear and did I say loss?
I repeated to the players in my dream "I'm literally homeless", the idea was difficult for me to get my mind around. The biggest gyp was that all my "good-damn stuff" was gone. Vanished. All my stuff.
I've been trying to figure where this all came from. I don't think all dreams have to mean something, but some sure do seem like a thinly veiled message while others seem to be an analogy for something going on in our lives at the time. I always try to allow any useful information contained in dreams to come to the surface of my mind at its own pace.
Two days later I think this was a manifestation of all the closet cleaning out and general purging I've been doing. I'm looking to buy some clarity of mind for the low low price of letting "stuff" go. I'm also reorganizing some things. To be sure, there's still a room in my house I will allow no one to see; I'm getting to that next!
I was re-prioritizing things on my vision board last night after making some serious headway in my bedroom and the bathroom closet (closet is a bit too fancy a word for it, it's a glorified cubby hole with a curtain instead of a door). I have a deck of cards with different affirmations that I love. Wouldn't you know it? I drew one that says
Detach Yourself from your "Stuff"

on the front and

You're not what you have and you're not what you do. You're an infinite, divine being disguised a successful person who has accumulated a certain amount of stuff. The stuff is not you. For that reason, you must avoid being attached to it in any way.

on the back.

This is a good thing for me to remember, especially during a good "throwin' out"...
But let's not start talkin' crazy; I am after all living in this earthly realm, and I like & enjoy a certain amount of stuff.
The rule of thumb for me is A) Do I need it? B) Do I use it? or C) Does it have enough sentimental value to earn a place in my limited space?
Those three things get a lot of crap out of my house.
I must say, it feels good to narrow down the material possessions.
And after that dream I'm counting my blessings for what I am keeping.

No comments: