The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I am a silver junkie. It's in my genetic code; southern women have fine silver the way southern men have fine guns.
This is another pice for the collection. I got it for $2.98 today, shopping with Cassie. At first I just bought it to break down & reuse in my art, but this one's perfect and I am having flights of fancy thinking about using it for fondue for Ellie's birthday party this October.
The feet are sort of Art Deco. It has a beautiful little alcohol lamp in the bottom. The handle alone is a sculpture.
I'm thinking candy bones to dip in chocolate fondue for a Halloweeny treat. Fancy and delish!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Dusti! I have been missing reading about your projects and stuff on here. And as it turns out there has been something wrong with the feature on my blog that notifies me when someone has a new post- cuz I thought you hadn't posted on yours all year! Did you really make a unicorn skull??? Can I see it? I have to come to Charlotte for a wedding for about less than 24 hours on Sept. 14th. I wonder if there is any possible way I could catch a glimpse of you as I breeze through. Is there? Where do you live?

Dusti said...

Starla!!! I've had that problem before too. It's like a Big Brother conspiracy of some sort. Yes, I'm on unicorn #3 right now! They are all gorgeous and I can hardly stand to part with them, but a girl's gotta make a living. I will take any time you have available on September 14th; an hour, 3 minutes, 2 seconds, whatever you got count me in! I have one unicorn skull in my posession left at the moment. I will be sure to bring it to wherever we meet up so you can see it, in the non-flesh.
Holla-holla-holla-holla!!!