The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Days

Today I was back into action! Mostly.
I went to the studio this afternoon and stayed for figure drawing. I was working on some earrings, I left for dinner and stopped by this cemetery that I haven't been to yet. Such a treat.
Cemeteries and power cuts are two of my favorite places, and this is two in one!

I assembled these from AR 15 shells. I am a spent shell junkie and I love working them into things. My sweet uncles smuggled these to me from the Farm this dove season.
At figure drawing, I was the only one working in the medium of Crayola! I had to edit the color out for this to show up, but it was a beautiful blue. I actually really enjoyed working in crayon. No mess, nice texture, cheap, colorful. I think I'm treating myself to a box of 64 next week!
I am tired and sore and looking forward to falling asleep with an icepack, but damn I loved it!
Tomorrow I get to bake my niece's 14th birthday cake and I have a masterpiece in the works! All she knows is it will be part pumpkin poundcake, and the rest is top secret. I'm pretty excited about it...

2 comments:

Dana said...

Pray tell more about the cake (of course after the secret has been revealed to the b-day girl). I loooove me the art of baking a special cake for a special someone! I did an eye of the tiger cake for a 40th bday last weekend- 3 layers of chocolate with chocolate frosting, orange with black tiger stripes on top, a vicious tiger with jewels in his eyes riding the top of the cake, and a Capt. America with the b-day boy's face superimposed on it riding the tiger. Around the side of the cake it read: If you skeered say you skeered. Paul Ain't Skeered. There were 40 black candles on it, and when they were lit up, the jewels in the eyes of the tiger and the man glowed. It tickled me so hard. We cranked up Eye of the Tiger too on the jam box when he blew the candles out. I am hoping to make pumpkin whoopie pies this weekend. Love ya! Glad to hear you are up and at em.

Dana said...

ps gorgeous cemetery under power line pictures!