The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sianara February!

It only just ocured to me this morning that February is almost over, tomorrow is the 28th!
Where I ask you, the-Hell-does-the-time-go? I have a big show coming up in April to build for, and it will be upon me faster than a jackrabbit on a hot date.
I am so spoiled and lucky to make my own schedule and answer to no man, it's a necessary luxury for me; one of the perks of having MS. I can do a whole lot in bursts, stress slows me down, exhaustion comes on without warning and the only thing I can count on is everyday being different.
So I make hay while the sun shines!
I am building three trumeaus, my goal being to use as much recycled material as possible. I am loathe to have to actually go out and purchase materials like a commoner. Every good artist should be able to conjure up what they need with their own resourcefulness, not from Home Depot.
Taking a break in the studio, I stumble upon the spoils of RR hiking from long ago. I got it bad for those rail tracks. I moved away from my favorite ones about a year ago, I used to walk there every day and not only was it a beautiful naturey escape from the city but also a cornucopia of material riches! Beautiful things, deer bones, iron in various forms, bountiful lumps of coal, and bless all those poor reptiles, sunning themselves on the hot rails. In summertime I'd sometimes get three terrapins in a week, fresh snakes, all tragic sunbathing accidents but at least they didn't go to waste.
I have had a good February. I love the changing seasons, and spring is so exciting!
Of course I wait til the end of winter to buy new jeans. By the way, I'm never buying anything other than Levi's again. I feel so fancy!
And speaking of feeling fancy, I got my nose re-pierced this week. It's been five long months, that time failed to "fly by." I'd gotten it pierced for my 34th birthday but lost it last September during my hip surgery. Monday was the first day my hip felt significantly improved, it's hard to tell because the healing is so slow, but on this particular day I was zipping right along! Normally I am a fast walker, not a dorky speed walker, but I don't ass around, I get where I'm going quick. All this hip hoopla has really slowed me down. I hate that. But I'll take any little improvements I can get. I'll take 'em and sashay this bionic hip right into the piercing parlor and celebrate with a little nostril bedazzling.
Good bye February, I'll always remember the Cabin Fever show, the slight movement improvement, making new friends and buying new jeans and nose jewelry!

No comments: