The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Victorian Rituals: Victorian Mourning Rituals


I just found this while looking up mourning art before bed. Mmm, that's the stuff sweet dreams are made of.
http://victorianrituals.blogspot.com/2008/10/victorians-mourning-customs.html

Victorian Rituals: Victorian Mourning Rituals

This blog has absolutely gorgeous things though, I'm dead serious.
Now I'm off to dreamland, hoping to feel less sick in the morning.
I am fascinated by death photography too...

2 comments:

Laura Irrgang said...

Oooooh!
I went through a phase where I thought maybe I could be a mortician. But I hate touching dead things. And I have a SERIOUSLY sensitive sense of smell. So.....no.

Oh--and I love the 'gospel according to Dusti'.
Great photo!!!!!

Dusti said...

Doing funeral makeup seems tempting, but I'm sure I'm too much of a weenie for it. I did get to view my greatgrandmother's body in the funeral home basement before any makeup. I watched my Mom's cousin who was her hairdresser fix her hair for the burial. It was a wonderful experience; the kind that don't often happen these days. Never would have happened in Charlotte, that's for sure. Ooh, I need to write about that!
Thanks:)