The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Piece

I am calling this one Embellished Goddess.
I made this a few weeks ago but only listed it on Etsy tonight. I cut the face from a porcelain doll. Actually, it was a Princess Dianna doll, ha! Then again, she is pretty regal...
The Goddess has been finished with a paint containing real bronze powder. It has a true green patina, achieved by applying a catalyst to the wet paint. It takes many coats and applications to achieve this deeply aged finish.She's mounted on a silver fretwork plate that's been hand hammered and oxidized.
Her headdress is three different types of chain, all with varying patinas to blend harmoniously with the plate and porcelain.
As my sister would say, the Embellished Goddess is the ultimate "Diva accoutrement!"
More to come to my Etsy shop soon....

1 comment:

Laura Irrgang said...

Having just received an embarassment of riches from you, I refuse to be entered in this contest. I will, however, comment.

My comment is,
"You rock."

So there.