The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I told you so!

Remember a few posts ago, me telling you about how hydrangeas are good places to find Junebug empties?
SEE?
I told you so.
We have been experiencing a much needed & deserved plummet in temps here and today was gorgeous! I took my hydrangea cuttings outside to root, and as I added fresh ones I noticed this little hanger on under one of the leaves. A Junebug husk on a hydrangea leaf; that took me back to being a little girl pretty fast. So, you pick this off the plant and stick it to your tee shirt; their crusty little feet parts are like Velcro. Or you leave it there and place the whole arrangement by your bed to bring a little nature into your room.
I'm also gonna say it will be good luck, bringing me nice dreams. Even though I always have weird dreams, the sort I've been having all week have been downright unpleasant. But this little Junebug childhood totem will change that...

And now for somethings completely different.
Someone is doing a "Chuck Taylors" project on Facebook. He asked for people to send in pics of their Chucks, so here is mine. I sent it in today. I don't think they will ever go out of style. Aren't they all so cute? The pink ones on the bottom right are 6 years old and have been errywhere with me. Now they are relegated to yard work footwear. May as well cut the grass in style huh?

I am working on a Paris/Gothic themed necklace in trade for some graphics. Here is a sample platter...
I made this while working on the stuff above. Black & blue are so great together. The pendant is a lower chroma blue than in this shot. It's also a Space Age Polymer, sadly, instead of glass. The package wasn't marked and I couldn't tell what material it was until after I bought it. Whenever something is plastic, I call it a "Space-Age Polymer". That just sounds better. See how I can Gussy plastic right on up?

4 comments:

Glamour Bomb said...

Chuck Taylor's? OMG...I wore those in highschool and *that* was in the 80s! You're right: they never go out of style

Glamour Bomb said...

UPDATE: I just took a photo of my current pair of Converse sneakers. And they're not Chuck Taylor -- they're Jack Purcell! Yo!

Dusti said...

"GB", I want to see a picture!
~D

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Dusti....this piece is beautiful! I have used some chain that looks like that a while back and I just love it!

Now wouldn't that be cool if we could make a mould of the bug and use it in our jewelry designs? I didn't know those little ones were good luck. I have been having horrid dreams this past week so perhaps I should go check my flowers and see if I can find one.

I can't wait to see the new piece you are working on. You always inspire me.

LuLu♥