The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer's End Approaches

Summer is all about being outside most importantly, second only to hosting Girl's Nights and imbibing with friends.
Summer is drawing to a close (nearly), and I have to admit this Fall lovin' woman is kinda sad to see it go. I spent half the afternoon at Vanessa's pool, soaking up some more UV rays before it's too late. There's only about a month of swimming weather left, and that makes me sad.
Early summer is just right for tubing at the Farm in the Big Pond, but these last few weeks it has been too hot for me.
Opening day of Dove Season draws neigh, and I usually take that last opportunity to go for a swim in the Pond, the sound of shotguns taking down those delicious birds punctuating the air with excitement!
My favorite Uncle Tom usually comes from LA and another treasure, his friend C.P. comes with him from Mississippi. They shoot doves & drink beer, and at the end of the day they take their bags down to the pond and "peel" doves for Dad to stuff with butter, wrap in bacon and grill.
That is an occasion worthy of a full blog post!
It is a tradition marking the end of summer, and the beginning of harvest season, dove harvesting at least. It's like clockwork, and it bears great significance in my mind.
I am not teasing myself by allowing thoughts of Fall come into my brain yet, that would give me season confusion; Fall is serious business in the mind of Dusti.
So for now I'll spend as much time outside in a bathing suit as weather permits, and try to keep Fall Fever at bay.
It's harder than it sounds...

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I do hope it stays a wee bit warm for a little bit longer. We are remodeling our bathroom and have been bathing in the pool most of the summer. The bathroom is almost finished. We are just waiting on one part for the resurfaced tub and we are back in bizness! It's getting harder every day not to wish for fall weather.

LuLu♥

Dana said...

Late summer is my favorite time of year. It makes me crazy. The past 2 days I have experienced an unexplainable sadness- I think it's just the beginning of the change of seasons. I am glad you are milking every last drop of summer getting your UV on and such. Get it!