The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am just enjoying the h-e-double hokey sticks out'a my mini nature/Catholic-y terrarium.
That is all. Just wanted an excuse to post this picture again.
I'm not sure if this one was in the previous post, but just look at all that texture!
Mmhmm that there's a good damn nature sculpture.
I went to Asheville on the 8th to see Social Distortion! It was an awesome time.

This is their little shrine they set up at every show. That's all I know about it.
I really fully enjoyed the luxurious, decadent experience that is live music. This band's punk rock style with a rockabilly twist always makes for a really fun, high energy show. It feels like they really love the "dookie-balls" out'a playin' their music for a bunch of knuckle heads, me included.
I went alone but ran into someone from the Charlotte-cool-people-scene.
It was good to see Sharon!
I've been more socially active as of late which has been great and I'm always glad when I make myself do it, but don't think I'm such a rock star I don't take time to enjoy the little things.
Life's simple pleasures should always be noted.
One of my favorite things is random little surprises like this.
I also repainted my living room recently and in doing so I moved a large armoire away from the wall and found these lovely mummies amongst the dust bunnies and stuff that you always find colonizing under furniture; you know, a ball point pen, half of a Net Flix envelope, lid off some used up plastic bottle.
They are two finches that I believe Mixie brought inside last summer. I say that because I remember one day there were tiny feathers on the floor...I never found a bird though and I never smelled that tell-tale stinky stank of dead critter, so I just swept the feathers up and forgot about it. I guess she pawed the birds under the armoire and they mummified there without a single smell.
One of them is missing its head though...kind of gross huh? Still pretty cute I think.
You've got to stop and smell the roses!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Yo D- next time you come to Asheville, I hereby declare that you must call me up. I woulda gotten socially distorted with you. (828)380-9399. K?