The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!


I'm so good, I uploaded my pictures on here backwards. But you know what? It's my birthday and I can do that!
I like to not have plans on my birthday and that's exactly what happened. I had an awesome day.
I have wanted to pierce my nose since the first time I saw one when I was in 4th grade. So, needless to say, I've given it plenty of thought. Lately I've been into doing things that were important to me at that age.
But this seemed like the perfect thing to do for my birthday ritual this year.
I parked near RR tracks and I love the way the rails light up in the setting sun.
But back to the birthday ritual; here is a closeup right after I got it.
Shoo, it made my eyes water! Not a glamorous picture but here I am.
Here's my view from the chair...
And here's my friend Kerrie who stabbed me in my nostril for my birthday. When we met, she was 6 and I was 19. I never would have guessed that little girl would be piercing my nose 15 years later. She just got this job a week & a half ago and I'm the first nose she's done. I laughed so hard when she asked her boss right before she started "Do I use these?" or something to that effect! I said "Kerrie, at least act like you've done this before!"
I was really happy that it worked out this way though. It really was a birthday ritual for me and I'm glad she was part of it.
Later on I went to Dee's house around the corner and ate pizza with her & her youngest Timi. Timi is only a year younger than Kerrie was when I met her...
I'm wearing a gorgeous skeleton cameo by LuLu Kellog that she gave to my niece and I'm borrowing it from her. Timi was impressed with it and said "My Mom has one like it but hers is live", what an observation!
I have had such a great birthday full of a weird range of activities and happy birthday wishes from so many people I'm lucky to count as friends.
I look back on birthdays past, and I have to say things only get better.
I read a quote today that said "How good can you let it get?"
On my 34th birthday I think I can confidently answer "Pretty damn good."

3 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I want my nose pierced but I am too chicken!

Happy Cake Day sweet girl!!

I loved seeing my necklace on you again! Squeeeeeeeeee!

xoxo

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Lusti Dusti! When I got up yesterday morning I thought about what day it was, and I thought to myself, "Self, I think Dusti's birthday is sometime around now..." How's that for memory. So please know you were fondly thought of and well-wished from the mountains as well yesterday and heck, today too! May your second 34 be even better than your first!


I was supposed to go visit Julie and the twins this weekend, but I am staying home fighting off a head cold, sipping hot and spciy ginger tea and giving my body some much needed rest. Maybe I'll do a little "blogging" later (what a dumb word- I hate it but I love the blog- what's a girl to do?)

Anonymous said...

Great sharing this.