The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pilgrimage to Chattooga

Every month on the way home from Atlanta, my sister & I try to stop by the Chattooga and recharge, reflect and refill our spirits in the cold & swift waters of this Georgia river.
It is an absolute paradise and it has me spoiled. The Laurel crawling all over these foothills envelopes you in its Magnolia-like deliciousness. The constantly wet woodland floor is magic, I always want some in a terrarium. If I had my 'druthers, the floor of my entire house would be covered in the layers, textures, colors and fragrances of these woods by the river.
Everywhere you look is abundance and richness to delight all six senses.
As we watch the reflected light of the setting sun upriver I can't help but reflect on the progression of my life since our last pilgrimage to this sacred place...
I get camera-greedy with the waning sun, trying to snatch up as many photos as I can while what little light remains.
This was February 13th, just before Valentine's Day. It was almost too dark to shoot when I spotted this naturally occurring heart shape in the Mica flecked sands under the clear, cold water.
When I think of how my life will have unfolded by next year's Valentine's day, my heart swoons...
World Domination is coming together nicely.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Dusti, so delighted you have returned to the world of blogging. I have missed your wonderful, insightful, and unique view of the world posts. They are a pleasure to read.

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Chattooga!! You always get it wrong! LOL!!

Dusti said...

Duly noted & corrected sister, many thanks!