The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Studio 136

Welcome to Studio 136 of Concord, N.C.'s Water Works Studios!
My sister Brandi & I have been waiting for this day, plotting, planning, envisioning, conjuring and waiting some more for this. It's 1280 sq. feet of climate controlled inspiration!
It has tons of natural light coming in from a row of windows with southern exposure, overlooking the greenway. Perfect.
The site is two old buildings that were first the city's stables for the coaches, then the waterworks, and now finally a group of art studios started to revitalize the old downtown area and hip-up Concord. The buildings are old and the areas that have not been renovated still have all kinds of cool stuff everywhere, including infrastructure for water purification. The light under this pipe is beautiful.
Beauty and inspiration abound; look at the patina on these doors.
This area is the gallery where all the artists (me!) will be showing their work.
Brandi & I met with our friend Sean there this morning to show us around. He's one of our neighbors! It will be worth the rent just to have the luxury of his company and the opportunity to pick his brain. He scoffs at us for saying so, but I want to be him when I grow up. He knows how to do everything! You'll be hearing more about him and his overabundance of skills in days to come...
I can move all my woodworking tools and everything else in here and finally have no impediments to creating. I can't say what this means to me. All I can say is "It's about damn time!"
And also that I am filled with gratitude and excitement. I can't even do it justice in this blog post. Just take my word for it, this is a big step in the right direction and Brandi & I will show that space some art-action like it never dreamed of.


4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

How fantastic! Here is to the future!

Cheers!

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is so exciting!!! I am truly happy for you girls!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Connie said...

Love the space and all that natural light. It's an exciting time! So happy for you both.

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

OOah OOOah!! Love it sister! Thank you ladies! We are very excited! Connie we will have to have shows with your and dad's paintings!!