The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cabin Fever I

Cabin Fever is the name of our studio event this Friday, the 22nd.
The last little bit has been getting ready for this, and I've had a wintertime cold type thing for days.
I went in today to wrap up one of the projects, a planchette for the custom OUIJA board. Very fun stuff.
At the bandsaw today, tragedy struck; the power coupler for my Shopsmith plum busted! The nerve. Not to worry, I can replace it for about $30, but damn, thanks timing.
At some point during the nose to the grindstone I took a break to just be sick and enjoy the snow! One could not ask for better layin' around weather.
We also take breaks while shuffling to and fro for gyppy WHATABURGER soft serve for everybody. Cassie is quick on her feet, dashing in and out and divvying up cones to all. She's make a great carhop!
Back to the studio with a carload of kids and a belly full of chocolate and vanilla swirl.
Bran & I worked together on the mirror. She is fast at knockin' out a tracing and I love the tedium toiling of painting the etching acid onto the glass. What a quality OUIJA board, it will be the finest in all the land!
Back among the civilized to spend the night in Charlotte and rest up for the home stretch starting tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dana said...

"Thanks timing-" hahahahaha. THat's a good one. I'm going to hereby start relating to Timing as just one of the gang, to be talked to, messed with, given hell, etc. That ouiji board looks seriously bitchin. I hope the cabin fever event is a smash. Love, The other D