The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Charlotte Blues, BBQ & Beer Festival?







My sister Brandi invited me to go out with she & her husband Jim to the Charlotte Blues, BBQ & Beer Festival (not necessarily in that order) where her friend the fabulous Yvonne was tending bar tonight. I am due a yearly night out on the town so I went!
We got into the VIP tent free and got free beer & liquor all night, which for us was 'til about 10 P.M. We had a blast!
That said, if by "beer, blues & bbq" Charlotte means "beer, cheesey middle aged white guy 'blues', and funnel cakes" festival then okay. There was no bbq to be found, while funnel cakes, bratwurst and other Flea Market fare were abundant. The music was well, crappy; I like my blues from cool old black men or atleast Stevie Ray Vaughn or Tab Benoit and the white guys on stage tonight were not even close (naturally).
I'm happy to report that there was beer there! In light of the lack of bathrooms I stuck with Jack & Gingerale which was delish. Bran & Jim both had Michelobe Ultra since they are both so damn healthy.
We ended up at our favorite Diner The Landmark, truly one of the best resturants in town. The Greek chicken was spectacular as usual.
I came home and took off my necklaces to hang in their spot on the rusty rake & thought to take a picture of my pirate treasure for all to enjoy. I feel rich looking at them all lined up there, but in reality there's probably only about $100 worth of jewels; 3 India necklaces-$34, 1 rusty rake head-$5, feeling like a Queen-priceless!
It is way past my bed time and Roxi needs a shower. I'm so tired but she was making laps in the swamp today and smells worse than the fertile mud of The Mighty Mississippi!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................................





1 comment:

Jim said...

Who brought the drunk guy?