The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy As A Beaver

Last Saturday was a most fruitful and prosperous day! It was supposed to be thunder-storming all day, in reality it blew through and left, but the weather was windy, dark & moody; my favorite kind.
I finished a dozen cuffs that I've had in various stages of production, just having the fruits of my labor all piled up like this makes me feel rich!
In between jewelry making I made a pound cake and two loaves of banana bread for my Dad & uncles the next day.
An old friend came by for a visit that night and remarked how funny she found it that I "just whipped out home made cake & banana bread in between making jewelry all day.
Shoot, "It won't nothin'" as I say!
I like to use my anvil on the concrete of the front porch in nice weather, but on this blustery rainy day I brought it indoors. I am not fancy enough to have one mounted on the perfect tree stump (yet) but where there's a will there's a way.
One of my strengths is an ability to work in conditions that are not ideal; I don't need everything to be perfect in order to do amazing things.
I just think of what I'll be able to get done once I get my compound and I do have perfectly ideal surroundings and conditions....
....it boggles the mind....!

3 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Those cuffs are amazing!

YOU are amazing. Period.

Are you coming to NHC? I hope so because I am dying to meet you!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Dusti said...

Thanks LuLu, you are so sweet!
I WILL be at the NHC in 2 weeks! Can't wait to see you there!!! God Help Me to get everything done in time...!

Laura Irrgang said...

Hey Dusti-

I wish I lived close enough to stop in for coffee. And steal some of the cake.

You and Brandi would make great neighbors.

Speaking of 'busy as a beaver', I actually watched our beavers swimming around the swamp this week. I parked it with a beer and some snacks and just watched the beavers making a damn. I mean dam. Can't you imagine a little drama-filled beaver shouting, "I don't give a dam!" Then it would smack its tail down and disappear forever.