The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Tysabri #28

Wow, I think today makes infusion #28! I am very happy with my Tysabri infusions to treat my ms. I've been on it for 28 months now and I've had no new relapses in that time.
The side effects for me were exhaustion, for as long as 5 days after. Also, in the beginning I experienced some mild depression following infusions, but after the first year that stopped. The information out there doesn't claim depression or moodiness as a side effect, but talk to other recipients of the drug and you will learn different.
So I go to Presbyterian Hospital once a month and spend the afternoon in outpatient oncology and all is well.
The months are running together and my experience of time differs from reality, so it feel like I'm going twice as often as I am.
Today I had packed up and headed to my sister's with dog in tow, ready for an outpouring of art work hustling when my phone's calendar alerted me of my appointment.
OOPS!
I rushed back to Charlotte, dropped the dog off and got here as fast as I could.
Like I always say, they can't start without me!
I am doing well, and keeping the deadly PML (primary multifocal leukoencephalopathy) at bay.
I am a fan of Tysabri and hope to stay on it as long as I can.
Good luck to me!

1 comment:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am glad it's making a difference in your health sweet Girl!

I know after all the chemo I took the exhaustion was the worst part for me. I never could get enough rest.

Onward and upward!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo