The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Farm Pictures

Pictures, pictures, and still more pictures!
Sunday I went to The Farm to see Dad, my uncle Tom and CP who pretty much counts for an uncle too. My sister brought her kids out there too.
Whiskey is our lone horse now, and without his charge Sugar to look after he has a different temperament.
Doesn't he look innocent here?
While shooting his big beautiful brown eyes I noticed how clearly you can see the world reflected in them.
Horses love to lick and try to bite your hands. It must be salty. I think he would eat my flesh if I let him.
Cassie busied herself netting in the pond and catching some gorgeous sun fish.
Bran & I sat on the porch swing and I couldn't help but to notice how beautiful the chains are. I had to get a shot of my favorite new cuff against this patina.
Dad has little vignettes everywhere of cool things, kind of like at my house...(wonder where I get that from?)
Porch Swing
Wheel for turning a water valve? That's what it looks like to me.
Ellie's friend Emily found this treasure, a Box Turtle shell.
The grass does not grow under Miss Cassie's feet!
D0-Da is raisin' up these grandkids right. Firearms for everybody!
What a pair...
It is beyond my describing, how it feels to play with my sister's kids and my Dad at the Farm where we played when we were their age.
My family is truly the most important thing in my life. The Farm itself is a member of the family.
As a wise West Virginian woman says:
"Do you remember your family over here at 4422 Philadelphia Church Rd, the onliest ones that give a damn about'cha?"
Isn't that the damn truth!

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

There is nothing better than family....well, other than art supplies!!! xoxo

Dana said...

LOVE ALL THAT, D! Especially the ones of Whiskey. I can't believe that horse is still kickin. God bless Whiskey...