The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009


I love unusual Christmas colors. I put vintage turquoise green glass ornaments in an apothecary jar with clear and silver ornaments to create an icy pallet. Plus this way the pets can't play with them. What is a Christmas tree besides a huge cat toy?
I do so love the Christmas tree; it's the Jack-O-Lantern of Christmas. Whether it's plastic or real, large or small, classy or kitschy I love them all! Mine is small & understated this year. I don't want to tempt Roxi.
I have a Santa tree topper...I am going to rip the Santa head off and make a 'possum head for it. Santa body with a 'possum's head and a tail coming out the back of his robe. It will be hard to make sure it looks like an opossum and not a rat. Not that I have anything against a Christmas Rat. I have lots of 'possum ideas based on Pumpkin, my pet opossum from years ago. I could go on & on about her but for now I'll just say she was the poster child of opossums and cuter than Shirley Temple. I just hope that my attempt at recapturing that charm will be a success.

Time to turn out the Christmas tree and go to bed, with dreams of "Pumpkin" dancing in my head!

1 comment:

Brandi McKenna said...

LOVE this Dusti! I am so EXCITED about the Opossum tree topper i can hardly stand it! We must get together and sculpt real soon!! I have to finish these two paintings but they are looking great! Come out here anytime!!
xoxoxo
sistoi