The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Let the Christmas festivities begin!
I am keeping it simple this year; three strands of tinsel on the mantle and a few mini trees (black feathered and mirrored). I love the deep purple with white and sort of a white gold metallic. Even though I am a fan of the tried & true red and green, it's nice to mix things up a bit. It will be refreshing after 4 weeks of Christmas themed advertising and rampant consumerism everywhere I look!
In my kitchen I have this non-traditional nod to Christmas. Mary and a lamb. Makes sense, right? I found this awesome metal framed print of Mary with with a 4 watt bulb built in at a thrift store. I seriously think it is beautiful. Does anybody know what these things are called? I have always wanted one and it was only $4.14. I am lucky to be so easily pleased, I know.

The lamb is a two piece cake mold. I guess it's for Easter but I might make a Christmas lamb! That sounds kind of borderline pagan blasphemy...but it would be cute & yummy. I could make it red velvet cake with fluffy cream cheese frosting...mmm...that's good blasphemy!
In the true spirit of Christmas I am refusing to give into the stress & strain of the retail hullabaloo this year. I'm not going to play the part of The Grinch; my heart is not two sizes too small. I love the traditions, the decorations, the baking and all but I am not going to worry over anything. A perfect Christmas will be one spent with family & friends enjoying each other's company.
I want a peaceful joyful season this year. I will enjoy the silent, holy night.

1 comment:

Brandi McKenna said...

Love, love LOVE your mantle!! I want to come get cozy in front of the fire soon!