The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I shouldn't even show pics of these WIPs because they are only in the conceptual stages...But here are some skull pendants I'm cobbling together from "space age polymer" skulls, vintage rhinestones and other bit of thisn and that. I am going to rearrange things, I'm just playing with components right now. It's fun. I'm thinking of gold or silver leafing the skulls, putting rhinestone eyes in both and making the one on the right into an elaborate Victorian style choker. I'll keep you posted.
I also want to incorporate some .22 hornet shells, like the earrings I made when i was 14. Tell me those aren't redneck magnets!

I drove out to Bran's again today to collaborate on our feather tree and to get each other going. We made good progress but hit a wall around 3. I always have a slump that time of day. When I finally decided to suck it up and get back up the light had changed drastically.
At one time it was electric blue...

...then it got colder and turned this gorgeous steel gray with dramatic clouds, it smelled like snow outside.

I'm so tired. Time to go to turn the heat way down and get in bed with a very snuggly Miss Roxi to keep me warm.
To all a good night!

5 comments:

Dana said...

You probably are catching a whiff of all our damn snow with your acutely fine tuned sniffer...
I love the bit about the redneck magnet jewelery. When I read your stuff I can hear your voice saying it and see the Dusti eye twinkle. It's delightful.
I have a story about a day I was a redneck magnet- I also happened to be a lesbian magnet that day. It's on the blog and called "Lesbians, Plot Hounds and Unicorn Pops." You might like it.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love the skellies!

Your pictures of the sky were marvelous.

LuLu :)

Dusti said...

Dana, I know what you mean, I can hear your voice combined with your mannerisms when I read your blog and I LOVE it! I loves me some Danaisms! I am saving the "Lesbians" post for tonight after all my work is done:)
LuLu, thanks! They're going to be pretty fantabulous when I get done. It was such a beautiful wintery sky kind of day yesterday. I think we are going to get snow here real soon!

Lisa said...

I love the earrings, do you do it all? I'm going over to take a peek at the "lesbian" post, you know the saying about curiosity? LOL!

Lisa

Dusti said...

Lisa hahahaaa! I looked for it earlier but I got stuck reading everything, it's so good. I'll find it though.
The skull stuff is actually two different pendants for necklaces I'm making. Just trying out some different configurations. I can make almost everything, it's my specialty. Love making stuff!