The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Bruise

There's a blue bruise with a cut in the middle about toe-sized on my leg. I don't know how it got there. I think I've done this before...

...I can't remember running into something, or any event that caused this injury...

...but I do have a vague memory of saying distractedly "son of a bitch!", like you'd do after you ran into something, or got attacked by a critter...

It made me think that maybe I'd want that to work on memories of bad things too, for a little. Would it be better? If you could in some automatic, natural kind of way just forget the details of say, a bad year you had or 4th grade. You'd think to yourself "I think I really hated the multiplication tables" but you wouldn't have to remember all the details of how you struggled against your arch nemesis every day. Whatever, insert your own bad memory. Would that be better? I guess it's sort of like that, you can't remember physical pain.

I think you have to remember; life is good and it's your life.
I'm not dwelling on bad things. Lately I've felt free and inspired and excited. I expect good things. "Psychic connections" flyin' around all over the place, ideas being created, art being set into motion...

...quothe the redneck:
"I got me all kinda ideas can't nobody touch !"

Soon that bruise will turn yellow, the scratch will close up and I won't remember any of it until next time I find a bruise and can't remember how it got there. I'll say "I think I've done this before".

No comments: