The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stop-Dana time!

Okay okay okay wait just a damn minute! My friend Dana previously discovered my blog, thus I found her blog and have been letting her regale me with tales of her travels and life via her delightful writing, which you too can treat yourself to here:
(Just a couple of tidbits of kernels of Dana's wisdom, I highly recomend)

http://dana-dee.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-tiny-slice-of-this-place-fits-into.html

http://dana-dee.blogspot.com/2009/09/one-crazy-ass-type-mommy-blogger.html

A few choice words about Dana Nagel. First off she is the weirdest girl I've ever met, and that right there should tell you something. She's a kindred spirit for sure, in just the weirdest way. I met her in gym class in 11th grade; sadly, she was in 12th grade so I just had the one year to enjoy with her in school. We immediately began skipping gym to go to a lunch period that obviously was not ours. Our coach was kind of a perv, and we objected to the class in general. The two of us together could scarcely take anything seriously anyhow.
I was amazed and delighted to learn that she did not use any recreational drugs; she was like that naturally! What's she like? She is like a far out weird-a-roo who makes everything very fun and funny, and you laugh your pants off over the most unremarkable things together.
One time she found a note some kid had posted on a telephone pole in her neighborhood for his friend to read, this of course was in the 90's, preceding Facebook and cell phones. I wish I was in possession of the note; it said things like "by the way, your parents have a nice f#@!&*g liquor cabinet" and other choice bits of poetic genius that only a 14 year old boy can write.
She had all manner of friends who were all unusual characters themselves, as someone like Dana does not attract only one "type" of person, even in high school.
Also we could be very serious together about things, and we went to the mountains to do naked sweat lodges with my spiritual mentor Ayal, who I had met earlier at the age of 14. She is very genuine and sincere and in no way conforms to anything at all. She is an excellent friend and a seriously fabulous writer.
Don't believe me? See for yourself...(please see links to her blog above)

No comments: