The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I know I have not been present on the blogosphere lately... I have been exhausted all week, I think due to the heat & MS. I don't do well in the heat which is a shame because I really like to get out in it. I never know when I feel this way if ms is to blame or if I'm just being lazy! I should be able to differentiate by now.
In other news I have a new roommate! This praying mantis took up residence in my bathroom! I love mantids (I had to look up the plural). I was just about to spray in there with insecticide too. Now I'm just hoping he'll eat all the other insects, but either way I can't risk poisoning him.
I love these insects so much because they are so beautiful and unusual, they always reming me of aliens with their triangle heads and green exterior.
I am taking his appearance in my house (I've never had one show up inside before) as a good omen and a blessing.
At least I have a very swanky bedroom with plenty o' ambiance in which to "max & relax".

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love the mantids too. One time I saw one making an egg case. She was squirting foamy stuff out of her backside! Another time I was in the garden and it was real quiet. Then I heard some crunching noise and I started to investigate. I found that it was a giant P.M. crunching away on a bean beetle- really loudly! I hope you feel better soon Dusti. Love ya. D