The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Equinox & Tuesday

First day of Fall and Tuesday at the same time! What more could I ask for?






Yay!!! I enjoyed it so much, I couldn't even take out time to write in my blog.
I enjoyed it so much that even discovering that the "new" washing machine I lugged in here has a leak is not enough to dampen my enthusiasm. I did have a very low energy situation in the afternoon, but it was made up for by the company of Vanessa & Tiffany later.
I do need to get to sleep soon as it is way past my bedtime...





But not quite yet...

So many visual delights today, I see these 3 old Cedars nearly every day on my walk and they always command all my attention while in sight. They have been kept pruned high up their trunks for years, they are probably 18"-20" in diameter. They always remind me of those cactus skeletons the New Mexico plains are filled with. We had one when I was 5 in the long snake shaped plexi glass box Dad made and we had as a cage for our King Snake Elvis. I've gotta scan that picture to post! I loved that snake, loved the feel of his cool smooth scales gracefully gliding over my arms and tiny hands...but I digress!

I love the Cedars and I think they look meaningful all lined up like they are. Makes me wonder who planted them and when? Trees are heirlooms in my family and I don't like to think of a day when the lineage of the saplings Dad and I planted is unknown. Don't they need someone to tell their story? Won't people look at them and wonder about their family?

At least these in my neighborhood in the city are still standing. Whoever planted themyears ago is not forgotten, only unknown; unknown is not gone.


1 comment:

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

I LOOVE the pics! happy fall! I loove the tree trunks! Your pirate flag and truck look so festive!