The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Sights

Above is one of my favorite views. Roxi is a great companion, plus she is easy on the eyes!
We headed off on one of our routes today and I finally started taking my camera along so I can bring home some of my favorite sights.
This big old Crepe Myrtle is so beautiful, the dappled sun makes it look like nymphs live in it. It's so sculptural and the trunks are so smooth like bones...


...and there's a hidden surprise when you get closer! I don't know why the same sight is always so striking to me. These little Willow Oak seedlings will put down roots anywhere, I guess that's why we have so many old ones everywhere. This Crepe Myrtle provides the perfect inviting little nook for an acorn to get started.
This used to be The Purple Picket, a cool furniture place that specialized in weird contemporary pieces bought from importers as "scratch & dent". A year or two ago it became the Kings International International Church and they kept the sign! I think they even still turn on the neon purple bulbs! If I wanted to go to a Church, this one would be number one on my list! If I go by on Sundays I see the flock milling about in their Sunday Best looking sharp, I'm probably not even snazzy enough to go there.


I just bought a dress pattern for Ellie's Halloween witch costume. I have to get started on it NOW or I run the risk of procrastination catching me! I also bought a pattern for a super cool 50s looking halter top a line dress for ME. I am going to make Mom teach me how to figure out this whole pattern situation. She showed me & helped me make one in high school but that was the only one I ever made. Then I saw on my friend Laura's blog where she made a gorgeous sundress and now I'm inspired.

thanks Laura!








No comments: