The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Farm-o-ween or Ellie-ween!?


Here is a picture my sister Brandi took a few weeks ago of her son Danny at the Spring House at the Farm where we have been having our annual Farm-o-ween parties. For the past ten years they became Ellie-ween since her oldest daughter's name is Ellie and the lucky girl's birthday is October 28! The only one we ever missed was last year, her 10th Birthday! Her mom had MRSA and I had a bad MS relapse and we simply couldn't do it.
This year she turns 11 and we have some making up to do! The pointing JOL sign Danny is holding is one I made when I was 20 while working my first woodworking job at Cobourn & Sons. We put them at strategic points along the way, before Google Maps and GPS so party goers would not get lost. When I went out to retrieve my signs the next day there would always be some missing, I guess everybody just had to have one!
This year I am making new ones, exactly like the old ones to post along the way. Maybe I'll bring a ladder in my truck to put them out of reach of thieving little gremlins...

No comments: