The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday!

Tuesday is me and my Dad's favorite day of the week, it's also my Mom's Birthday today.


All the other days of the week had thier own egos: Monday is well Monday and throughout the land it is generally despised or at least begrudged, Wednesday is known as Hump day and is a midweek marker, Thursday is favored because it is the day before Friday, I do not need to explain why Friday and Saturday are the celebrities of the calender, or why Sunday is the Holiest day of all; a day of rest, the day of the Lord, the Sabbath. They all have their traits that make us love them or as in the case with Monday, hate them; but poor neglected Tuesday. Tuesday is the redheaded stepchild of the week having no assets either good or bad. That's why years ago Dad & I adopted it as our favorite day of the week! We rejoice when someone is fortunate enough that their Birthday falls on it, or anytime something of note happens on Tuesday.

This year it is Mom's Birthday. Tuesday Feb. 5 2008 was a big important political date, but I detest politics so I won't elaborate on that; all I know about it is it was a banner day for god ol' Tuesday.

But today Tuesday September 15 is Mom's birthday and also my dentist appointment day. So I have to go brush my teeth and get out the door.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

So funny! Laura also LOVES Tuesa=day, so I hope she reads this!! Great writing Dust!!