The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rainy day tasks

Ah, Tuesday...
on this week my favorite day is drippy and cold. From my kitchen window everything looks Christmasy and festive! I have a tiny poinsettia in a silver sugar bowl instead of the usual giant variety. I'm not the biggest fan of the iconic Christmas house plant, but I think everything is adorable when in miniature form.

Stuck inside for the day, I decided to finally get around to the tedium that is organizing my kitchen junk drawers. Truth be told this is a task that I enjoy, but I have to be in the mood for it. (That's why I haven't done it in over a year). I know this may seem boring, but look at how neat these drawers are! Aren't you inspired to clean out your own junk drawers, or maybe yours are already perfectly obsessively organized (you know who you are). If I had taken a before picture you'd be more impressed.


Also on my to do list was writing Christmas cards. Done! I'll put them in the mail as soon as I get stamps later...It took much longer than I thought it would. I didn't send any last year with all the MS rigamarole I was going through at the time, so this year I extra enjoyed the task. You've got to enjoy all the little things that we all take for granted.
Did you notice the doll heads? Guilty as charged.
What else would you use to decorate a pink metallic tree with pink lights? I do have my weaknesses. What the Hell? You only live once!

No comments: