The Gospel According To Dusti

The Gospel According To Dusti














Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Very Viking Christmas


I went to Iron Cordoba's "A Very Horny Christmas" party at The Visualite theater last night. Get it. "Horny" because of the horned Viking helmets? It was good blasphemy! A jolly old time was had by all. I got there early to claim a good spot where I could prop my feet up and have some grog.
Before the show started I had to get a picture of the Gibson Les Paul and the Ibanez Destroyer; seeing them is always like seeing old friends. In true Jay Tilyard fashion there were stacks and stacks of Marshalls, Spinal Tap style.

Jay and I were a couple for nearly eight years. We split up about six years ago and now I really enjoy going to these local Rock Star events he and his girlfriend Tracie put on.
Here they are at a previous Viking party. (I don't know how to make this picture bigger)


Some things never change, he is joined on stage by friends we went to high school with to perform spoofs of heavy metal classics with a Viking Christmas twist. Imagine Danzig's "Mother" but with lyrics changed to "Rudolph, if you really wanna guide my sleigh..." Hilarious!
With a population around 1 million Charlotte is still such a small, small town...Six degrees of separation? Around here it's more like two. Here is Kerrie Clayton, my friend Dee's oldest daughter who I've known since she was a sweet little six year old girl. Dee and I worked at Cobourn & Sons together when I was 19 and she would bring Kerrie in to work after picking her up from school and she would play in the saw dust while we refinished furniture.
And look at her now! In a blood wrestling match she emerges from the gore victorious!
Kerrie and Dee have started producing events locally under the name "Goralicious" and they teamed up last night with Iron Cordoba. Here is a hasty shot of just some of the mayhem on stage. The event brought together go-go dancers, thespians, musicians and hangers-on for a truly
"Unholy Night, the screams are fast declining...

...it is the night that the world felt our girth! Dead lay our foes, in blood and guts reclining...
...for one night it was pure Hell on Earth!"

After cleaning off most of the fake blood here are Kerrie Clayton, Jay Tilyard and Dee Clayton rejoicing in Christmas glee. Lock up your maidens!
And to think, years ago Jay briefly worked with us in the shop stripping furniture out back while a first grade Kerrie dug up worms and brought them in to show off to me and Dee. And all these years later we are brought together again by our common love of rockin' out, mayhem, blasphemy?

Yes, all three!
I love my peeps.

No comments: